ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M PRO4
There’s nothing wrong with this motherboard, but it’s just not quite as ideal as the Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H. This model has four slots for memory with support for up to 32GB of 1600 DDR3 RAM. That’s just as much maximum memory as the Intel board from Gigabyte, but the maximum speed is much lower on this model, so you’re far more limited in how fast your RAM can be with this motherboard. This model has a single PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, which is perfect for a fast video card. You get six SATA connections on this motherboard, which is pretty good, but nothing spectacular. The H97 chipset on this board doesn’t support overclocking while the Z97 on the Intel board from Gigabyte does, but this should still work well for many HTPC builds.
- GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- Gigabyte Intel Z97 LGA 1150 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-Z97M-DS3H
- ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M PRO4
- Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
- MSI H81M-P33 Intel H81 Micro ATX Motherboard