ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Burner with USB 3.0 BW-12D1S-U/BLK/G
If you don't quite need the speeds of the LG BE14NU40, but you still want to burn or read from discs quickly, then this is a great option that outperforms a lot of other models. It has write speeds of up to 12x to Blu-rays, and 8x onto dual-layer Blu-ray discs. There's no triple-layer support, so keep that in mind if you need to burn your data on discs with three or four layers. The read speeds are also excellent, supporting up to 8x from Blu-rays, up to 16x from DVDs, and 40x from CDs. All of these terrific transfer rates would probably be wasted except this model also uses a USB 3.0 connection so you can take full advantage of them. You can also use USB 2.0 with this one, but you probably won't get transfers as fast through it. It has 4MB of buffer memory and comes with a stand that lets you use it in a horizontal or vertical configuration, making it a great fit for just about any workspace.
- LG Electronics 14X USB 3.0 Super-Multi Blu-Ray External Rewriter - BE14NU40
- ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Burner with USB 3.0 BW-12D1S-U/BLK/G
- Pioneer Electronics USA Slim External Blue-Ray Writer (BDR-XU03)
- Pioneer Electronics USA XD05 Slim External Blu-Ray Writer
- BUFFALO MediaStation 6x Portable BDXL Blu-Ray Writer with M-DISC Support (BRXL-PT6U2VB)