Canon Wireless imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Color Laser Multifunction Printer
Right off the bat, the MF8580Cdw does everything it's supposed to do including print, scan, copy, and fax. You get duplex printing so you can save on paper, and it offers more than satisfactory output speeds of 21 ppm for standard and 10 ppm for duplex. Those numbers are for straightforward text documents, but when your content is a little more complicated, charts, images, etc, those speeds slow down considerably to around 7 ppm.
But what about connectivity, since it’s such an important attribute for an office printer to have these days? While it doesn't present as many options as HP's M476dw does, it still has solid WiFi connectivity offering Canon Mobile Printing for use with smartphones and tablets as well as Google Cloud Print compatibility.
Navigating all the control menus on the unit's seven inch LCD display is simple to learn and execute and the printer has some of the best security features available on any office machine. Secure Code and Department ID Management make sure your confidential material is well-guarded, requiring a special code be entered before sensitive documents are printed. Users can also monitor the amount of usage on the printer to keep consumable costs down.
- HP M476dw Wireless Color Laser Multifunction Printer with Scanner
- Canon Wireless imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Color Laser Multifunction Printer
- Xerox WorkCentre 6605/DN Multifunction Laser Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- Brother MFC-9970CDW Color Laser Multifunction Printer