Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor
There’s a lot to like about this processor, and it gives you terrific power and performance at a pretty reasonable price. You get six cores with this selection and the use of hyperthreading lets it perform like a CPU with 12 total cores. There’s a ton of cache memory on this chip and it runs beautifully at 3.5GHz right out of the box. However, this model does have an unlocked multiplier so if you’re interested in overclocking as a possible option, then you should strongly consider it. The 22nm Haswell-E architecture keeps the power requirements pretty low, considering just how strong this processor is. While the Intel i7-4960X and i7-5960X are more powerful processors, they’re also about twice the price of this model.
- Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition Processor
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Intel Core i7-5820K Processor 3.3GHz 15MB