Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor
One of the biggest issues to consider when looking at this CPU is the fact that it's a bit older than a lot of other models out there. While some retailers have stopped carrying it, you can still find this chip pretty easily. It offers performance that almost matches the i7-4960X from Intel, but at a lower cost due to its age. This CPU has six cores with hyperthreading to work like 12, plus a standard clock speed of 3.5GHz that can be boosted thanks to an unlocked multiplier. With 15MB of L3 cache memory, this processor is fairly competitive with the i7-4960X in terms of speed and performance. However, the big difference, is this one uses an older core model with Haswell-E architecture. There’s no cooling provided with this chip, so you’ll need your own heatsink and fan or liquid cooling.
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Intel Core i7-4790K Processor 8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz BX80646I74790K
- AMD FD9590FHHKWOF FX-9590 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor