D-Link Systems AC1200 Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (DWA-582)
This is a great wireless adapter for a lot of setups, but there are a few issues with it to keep in mind before choosing it as part of your system. It is a Wireless-AC1200 model with dual-band support, so it runs fast and can handle a wide range of tasks including VoIP chat, media streaming, and online gaming. It won't give you data rates quite as high as a Wireless-AC1900 card, but if your router or other hardware only utilizes AC1200, then this is a great choice.
This pick offers a pair of antennas for signal reception but there is no module included. This means the antennas connect directly to the back of the card, so this is only a good choice if your computer is in a location that doesn’t have signal reception issues. There’s also no custom heat sink on this card, so it doesn’t handle heat buildup well, something to consider if you plan on extended periods of high demand use, such streaming hours of HD media or lengthy online gaming sessions.
- ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter (PCE-AC68)
- TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter
- Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band Detachable High Gain Antenna - EW-7822PIC
- D-Link Systems AC1200 Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (DWA-582)
- Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE - 11AC Wireless PCI-E Wi-Fi Adapter