D-Link Wireless Dual Band AC1200 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter (DWA-182)
This is a great option if it fits all your networking needs, but there are a few things to consider before choosing it. For portability, this one is hard to beat since it is nice and small and lacks any antennas or other attachments. You can easily carry this adapter in your pocket, or a small compartment in a laptop case or other bag. Keep in mind, this model lacks anything resembling an external antenna. If you need to connect to a network over a fairly long distance or have signal issues, then there won’t be much you can adjust to improve performance. However, over short ranges this pick should be more than sufficient for your needs. It uses USB 3.0 technology for fast data transfers with USB 2.0 support if necessary and it also includes WPA and WPA2 security to work with encrypted networks.
- Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter High Gain Dual Band USB 3.0 (A6210-100PAS)
- Netis WF2561 Wireless AC1200 500mW High Power USB Adapter
- D-Link Wireless Dual Band AC1200 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter (DWA-182)
- TP-LINK Archer T4U AC1200 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
- Linksys WUSB6300 USB WiFi Wireless AC Dual-Band AC1200 Adapter 802.11ac