Epson WorkForce WF-2540 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner ADF, Fax
Matched evenly with the Canon above, the Epson WF-2540 runs at 33.6 Kbps speed making it a Super G3 fax, transmitting both black and white as well as color faxes. The speed dial feature allows you to keep 60 numbers at your fingertips and the internal memory can store up to 180 pages. The WF-2540 also allows you to send faxes to and from your PC, just like the PIXMA. You also have an Auto Document feeder that can take up to 30 pages for easy, hands-free paper feeding.
Faxing speeds take about three seconds with black and white transmission which keeps pace with the Canon. There are subtle differences however in PC connectivity, with the Canon allowing for Wi-Fi and USB, whereas the Epson lets you connect via USB host, Wi-Fi, LAN and USB 2.0.
Other features such as scanning and printing resolution and speeds run concurrent with each other and both units are run on inkjet technology. The Epson is even priced to compete with the Canon MX452, with both running under $100 at many retailers.
- Brother IntelliFax 4750e High Performance Business-Class Laser Fax
- Canon PIXMA MX452 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier, and Fax
- Epson WorkForce WF-2540 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner ADF, Fax
- HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer
- Canon FAXPHONE L190 Monochrome Laser Fax Machine Duplex Printer