Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
Although this is still a very good option for an HTPC motherboard, it’s just not as strong as the GA-F2A88XM-D3H from Gigabyte. This model has four memory slots and supports up to 32GB of 1600 DDR3 RAM. That’s half as much memory as the other AMD board from Gigabyte, and the maximum speed of the RAM is significantly slower with this board. You get a single PCIe 2.0 x16 slot on this board, which is perfect for a fast video card that uses the PCIe 2.0 interface, but if you want to use a PCIe 3.0 graphics card, then this motherboard won’t work for you. This board has six SATA connections, but they are 3.0Gb/s connections, rather than the 6.0Gb/s connections on other boards. You do get an IDE connector on this board, which is perfect for older hard drives that use PATA connections, so keep that in mind if you plan on using an older hard drive in your HTPC.
- GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- Gigabyte Intel Z97 LGA 1150 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-Z97M-DS3H
- ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M PRO4
- Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
- MSI H81M-P33 Intel H81 Micro ATX Motherboard