Gigabyte AM3+ GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard
This fine offering from Gigabyte is a new player on the scene that brings AMD motherboards more up-to date with those from Intel. Introduced in late 2015, it features an M.2 connecter that supports PCIe NVMe and SATA SSD's up to twenty gigabyte per second (GB/s) transfer rates while offering support for USB 3.1 type C connectors. These two features have been largely absent from offering based on AMD's 990FX chipset.
This motherboard also includes a Rivet Networks Killer E2201 LAN chip for the best Gigabit network support. It offers 7.1 channel sound provided by a top notch Texas Instruments operational amplifier which yields a signal to noise ratio of one hundred fifteen decibels (dB). It also offers four DIMM slots supporting up to 32 gigabytes of DDR3 memory. Finally it features two PCI express x16 slots and an additional PCIe x4 slot for full support of multi-PGU setups. All-in-all this is an up-to-date offering that brings much to the table at a very reasonable price.
- Gigabyte AM3+ GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- MSI Computer ATX DDR3 1066 Motherboards 990FXA GAMING
- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GEN3 R2.0 Motherboard