Gigabyte Intel Z97 LGA 1150 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-Z97M-DS3H
If you prefer Intel to AMD, then this is probably the best option for you when choosing an HTPC motherboard. It has four memory slots and can support up to 32GB of 3100 DDR3 RAM, which is more than enough for a home theater rig. This model has a single PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, perfect for a high-performance graphics card. While that’s not ideal for building an HTPC that is also meant for playing demanding PC games, it’s perfect for streaming media or playing video and audio from a hard drive. There are six SATA connectors on this board, so you can build it with a ton of storage for your media content. The CPUs that work with this motherboard have pretty low power requirements, so you can keep your system running well without creating a lot of extra noise to keep your rig cool.
- GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
- Gigabyte Intel Z97 LGA 1150 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-Z97M-DS3H
- ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M PRO4
- Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3
- MSI H81M-P33 Intel H81 Micro ATX Motherboard