HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALE640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Hard Drive
HGST - once Hitachi before Westerrn Digital bought the company - is known for its innovations in storage capacity, having been the first company to bring not only the 1TB hard drive to the world, but then also the 4TB hard drive just a year or so ago. Now HGST tries to be an innovator while carving its own niche in a market dominated by WD and Seagate, and the Ultrastar 7K4000 4TB Enterprise Drive tries to do just that. While WD and Seagate fight over both consumer and enterprsie markets, HGST looks to focus on enterprise with its high-capacity, 7200RPM hard drive. As a second edition of the original 4TB drive, the Ultrastar offers not just the same innovative performance, but added capabilities in performance that not just Enterprise but also performance-oriented customers would appreciate. For these reasons, the HGST Ultrastar is worth a look if you're willing pay a pretty penny for its technology.
- Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD5000HHTZ 500GB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3600057SS 600GB 15000 RPM 16MB Cache SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Hard Drive
- Western Digital SE 4TB 3.5-Inch WD Se SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drive
- HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALE640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Enterprise Hard Drive