HP LaserJet Pro 100 M175nw Laser Multifunction Printer
For the same money as a higher-end inkjet photo printer, HP offers the entry-level LaserJet Pro M175nw. The term "entry level" is relative, though this is the most affordable color laser multifunction printer HP offers, it matches up with many home consumer-oriented machines when it comes to features.
The M175nw prints up to 17 ppm black and 4 ppm color. While the color output speed is relatively unimpressive, keep in mind that this laser printer does not require users to select a special "fast" setting to achieve those speeds in the real world. The scanner features a 1200 dpi resolution, but the M175nw does not offer any fax functionality.
Built-in Wi-Fi gives users the option to print wirelessly using HP's ePrint, and iOS devices can communicate with the Laserjet via Apple AirPrint. However, it lacks duplex printing which is a feature available on competing inkjet printers. Print quality is good enough for most purposes, though photographers may not be satisfied with photo output quality. The high toner cost means the M175nw is not the most efficient printer to operate, but this laser printer works well for home offices with workloads that would overwhelm an inkjet printer.
- Canon PIXMA MG5520 Wireless All-In-One Color Photo Printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro 100 M175nw Laser Multifunction Printer
- Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer