Intel Core i7-4790K Processor 8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz BX80646I74790K
There’s a lot to like about this CPU, which offers tremendous speed at about one-third the price of the i7-4960X. This chip has four cores, with hyperthreading to function like an 8-core CPU. It has a raw clock speed of 4.0GHz, with a turbo frequency of up to 4.4GHz. That’s actually one of the fastest raw clock speeds out there, getting a ton of performance from this chip with even more potential if you overclock it. It also has 8MB of L3 cache memory and requires pretty low amounts of power considering how fast it runs. You actually get a heatsink and fan with this model, but you might want to use your own cooling if you plan on overclocking it, since much higher speeds means more heat. Overall, this is a great CPU that gives you excellent speeds at a much lower price than some other Intel chips.
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Intel Core i7-4790K Processor 8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz BX80646I74790K
- AMD FD9590FHHKWOF FX-9590 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor