Intel Core i7-5820K Processor 3.3GHz 15MB
There's certainly a lot to like about this CPU, and if you're not looking for anything quite as powerful as the i7-5960X, then this one is a great option. It's a six-core processor but through hyperthreading it runs like a 12-core CPU for terrific overall performance and processing power. This utilizes Haswell-E architecture, which lets it run very powerfully and fast with fairly low power requirements. It has clock speeds of 3.3GHz standard and 3.6GHz in turbo mode as well as an unlocked multiplier so it’s a pretty good option if you’re potentially interested in overclocking. The 15MB L3 cache memory also keeps it running nice and fast, but it's definitely not as much as you get with more expensive chips. While this isn't necessarily a "budget" option, you can find it at about one-third the price of the i7-5960X.
- Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition Processor
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Intel Core i7-5820K Processor 3.3GHz 15MB