Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition Processor
When it comes to the number of cores in a CPU and amazing overall performance, this processor really can’t be beat. It has eight cores which matches anything available from AMD, but through hyperthreading it runs like a CPU with 16 cores. That’s a level of performance typically found on a high-end processor used in servers and other professional computers. The 3.0GHz speed may not be amazing in and of itself, but with the massive number of cores that ends up providing excellent overall performance. It also has 20MB of L3 cache memory, which boosts that performance and makes this a great option for running many programs at once or handling very intensive software. The Haswell-E 22nm architecture keeps the power requirements on this model pretty low, but the price on it is definitely quite high.
- Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition Processor
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Intel Core i7-5820K Processor 3.3GHz 15MB