Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
While the Intel i7-4960X might be the king of fast processors, this is an excellent choice at only half the price. It has six cores with hyperthreading, so it runs like a CPU with 12 cores, giving you tremendous speed and performance. It runs at 3.4GHz out of the box, which you can boost for faster performance. In fact, this model has an unlocked multiplier, so you can easily overclock this one for optimal performance, and it’s probably a better option than the 4960X if you’re an overclocking hobbyist. You get 12MB of L3 cache memory, which keeps it running fast and lets it handle many tasks at once, even a high number of demanding processes. This one doesn’t include a heatsink or fan, so you’ll need to provide your own cooling, but that’s a reasonable necessity considering the tremendous performance and reasonable price point of this model.
- Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
- Intel Core i7-4790K Processor 8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz BX80646I74790K
- AMD FD9590FHHKWOF FX-9590 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
- Intel i7-4930K LGA 2011 64 Technology Extended Memory CPU Processors BX80633I74930K
- Core i7-5930K Haswell 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011 15MB L3 Cache 140W Processor