Michael Kelly Dragonfly 4-String Fretless Acoustic-Electric Bass
With their Dragonfly 4 acoustic bass guitar, manufacturer Michael Kelly opted to build an instrument that was primarily constructed from quilt maple for the top, back, and sides. The end result is a bass guitar that’s brighter and more focused than others in its peer group, and also has an increased sense of projection to its tone. But the tone is not the only thing that is loud on this thing as it’s got a beautiful visual design, with a gorgeous dragonfly and vine custom inlay adorning the fretboard, all laid out in real pearl and abalone.
A rosewood acoustic bridge provides this instrument with added resonance, which is also aided by the scalloped bracing of this instrument. The Fishman electronic system takes the tone that you naturally get from this axe and faithfully recreates it, thanks to a Fishman Sonicore transducer pickup and Fishman MKAP pre-amp. The end result is a bass guitar that looks and sounds luxurious.
- Takamine G Series GB30CE-NAT Jumbo Acoustic Electric Bass Guitar
- Ibanez AEB10EDVS Acoustic Bass Sunburst
- Godin A5 Ultra Bass Fretless SA 5-String Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar
- Breedlove Atlas Series Solo BJ350/CM4 Fretless Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar
- Michael Kelly Dragonfly 4-String Fretless Acoustic-Electric Bass