Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens
Zoom lenses for under $500 are very versatile but they are also slow. A fixed telephoto lens doesn't have the same versatility, but the extra speed is often worth the trade-off. This Nikkor lens has a f1.8 aperture, which is excellent for shooting in low light at faster shutter speeds or creating a softer background. This FX format lens means there's no cropping with full frame cameras, but it's also compatible with Nikon's smaller cameras as a 127mm. With internal focus, the distance between the lens and subject doesn't change as the focus is adjusted, plus any hoods or filters do not rotate with the lens. This lens is more compact and more budget friendly than Nikon's similar f1.4 fixed lens.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Zoom Lens
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens
- Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D
- Nikon Normal-Telephoto 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens
- Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon