Onkyo HT-S3700 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package
This home theater-in-a-box system from Onkyo represents the base model in their home theater system lineup for 2014. The HT-S3700 offers a 5.1 channel setup rated at a total of 660 watts of power, while having connectivity and output quality that stands out for this price range. Although this system does not feature built-in WiFi, Bluetooth capability for streaming from a smartphone, tablet, or computer is included. AirPlay capability can be added with the addition of the Onkyo DS-A5 dock.
One of the ways the HT-S3700 stands out is with a Zone 2 preamp output, which allows for expanding into a multi-room setup. Onkyo has also included a generous six HDMI 2.0 inputs and a single HDMI output for further connectivity, while the rear-panel USB port allows for accessing music from a USB flash drive.
The HT-S3700 is fairly basic, but its primary strength is its use of high-resolution audio processing for excellent sound output. If sound quality on a budget is your primary concern, this home theater system is a very good choice.
- Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package
- Samsung HT-F9730W 7.1-Channel 1330Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System
- Sony BDVN7200W 1200W 5.1 Channel 4K Hi-Res Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System
- Onkyo HT-S3700 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package
- Denon DHT-E251BA 5.1 Home Theater System with Boston Acoustics Speakers Bundle