Sunpentown SF609 Evaporative Air Cooler with Humidifier
While the Sunpentown SF-609 is technically not an air conditioner, it offers the ability to quietly and efficiently cool a small space while using substantially less energy. The SF-609 is an evaporative cooler, meaning it’s essentially a humidifier so the unit will not be well suited to areas with high humidity, as it will make the space feel muggy. For those in dry climates, and evaporative cooler can be a good way to save on energy bills while cooling a small space.
The SF-609 uses both water and ice, so you'll need access to large amounts of ice to get the best cooling performance. Although the resulting air won’t be extremely cold like from a dedicated air conditioner, it does create cool air that effectively lowers the ambient temperature by quite a bit. The SF-609 has three fan speeds, a remote control, timer feature, and a water level indicator. It also includes an ionizer to help purify the air, while its casters allow it to roll easily from room to room. This unit is more affordable to purchase and run than a typical portable air conditioner, making it an excellent budget-friendly choice for those in appropriate climates.
- Honeywell 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - MN10CESWW
- Whynter ARC-14S Platinum Eco-Friendly 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- Honeywell 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - MN12CES
- Sunpentown SF609 Evaporative Air Cooler with Humidifier
- The Original Handy Cooler Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner