Xerox WorkCentre 6605/DN Multifunction Laser Printer
Xerox machines have been office fixtures for well over a century, and their current offerings easily live up to the company's reputation. The WorkCentre 6605/DN is a quality machine in every way, from the durable plastics to the solid, purposeful movement of each individual part. It certainly feels as though it can handle its 80,000 page monthly duty cycle without breaking a sweat, a refreshing break from the current trend of increasingly flimsier-feeling devices.
As expected from a higher-end Xerox product, the WorkCentre 6605/DN includes several convenient features aimed at increasing overall productivity. This model offers two-sided printing, and can put out 36 prints per minute in both color and B&W. Gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 provide plenty of connectivity options. Unfortunately, adding WiFi costs extra.
The Xerox will cost you down the line with prints costing roughly 2.4 cents per page with the high-capacity black toner, placing this printer in line with the HP models. Given that the 6605/DN costs over $1000 to begin with, this is clearly not the best value proposition. However, if you're looking for a office printer with unparalleled factory support and rock-solid build quality, it's hard to do better.
- HP M476dw Wireless Color Laser Multifunction Printer with Scanner
- Canon Wireless imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Color Laser Multifunction Printer
- Xerox WorkCentre 6605/DN Multifunction Laser Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8610 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- Brother MFC-9970CDW Color Laser Multifunction Printer